- A star is born (Part 3 cont.: Evidence of a protostar in a Bok globule)
- A star is born (Part 3: The Virial Theorem, Jeans mass and Bok globules)
- How bright is a star? Introducing apparent and absolute magnitude
- How bright is a star? Introducing luminosity and its use for calculating distances
- How far from earth is a star? What is Parallax?
Monthly Archives: March 2014
In this article series, I am going to retrace the history of astronomy/astrophysics in trying to answer the question of how is the energy radiated from the Sun being produced? Even if this question can be traced back to ancient … Continue reading
In a previous article on the weak force and beta decays, I have used but not really explained the concept of stable isotopes. I think this deserve a separate article in order to be more clear about what kind of … Continue reading