- A star is born (Part 3 cont.: Evidence of a protostar in a Bok globule)
- A star is born (Part 3: The Virial Theorem, Jeans mass and Bok globules)
- How bright is a star? Introducing apparent and absolute magnitude
- How bright is a star? Introducing luminosity and its use for calculating distances
- How far from earth is a star? What is Parallax?
Monthly Archives: May 2014
Before continuing into the 20th century, it is required to stress the importance of spectroscopy as THE scientific tool which made it possible to advance knowledge on the source of the Sun’s energy by starting to give clues on the … Continue reading
1850s: Gravity-based explanations. The sun could be fueled by meteors falling into it from outer space, however, it was realized that this proposal fell short because there simply were not enough meteors available to do the job, nor was there … Continue reading