- A star is born (Part 3 cont.: Evidence of a protostar in a Bok globule)
- A star is born (Part 3: The Virial Theorem, Jeans mass and Bok globules)
- How bright is a star? Introducing apparent and absolute magnitude
- How bright is a star? Introducing luminosity and its use for calculating distances
- How far from earth is a star? What is Parallax?
Monthly Archives: May 2015
Let’s return to the original goal of this series of posts on the Sun’s source of energy. After the post on the proton-proton chain model, it became quite clear that it was very difficult to experimentally prove that this mechanism … Continue reading
In my previous post on the neutrinos and the solar neutrino problem, I ended by writing that the current explanation for why there were missing neutrinos at the detector is because the neutrinos have changed state while travelling towards earth … Continue reading